Horseshoe, Shoegaze, Good Luck Trot - LGW

 




I'm going for a truth walk, similar to a normal walk but this time you must tell the truth. A truth walk with my brother. The first truth is that my brother is a horse.

Horse, horseshoe, shoegaze, good luck trot.

He's a desolate hamartia and a desperate bitch, he's a big big baby and a tormented picture of time.

He’s never cared at all and he’s cared since the moment he was born, he is the smartest guy I've known, he is a very dumb cunt. 

He's two faced with one head, the most truthful two headed man.

He took a phone call as we walked and I traced his shining coat with my eyes. His girlfriend had braided his mane to one side, it looks smart this way. The phone call seemed important, his face contorted as he swapped his phone between each perked up ear.

We walked past two small houses, they seemed to be glowing from inside, he hung up the call and inhaled, he told me he had been trying his hand at ballet but madam told him his arabesque was shit, that his arches would never arch and his glissade was practically non existent. I told him he shouldn't feel bad there was only so far a horse could go in the dance industry but he was beating himself up now, he was beating himself up I could see it in his face.

He said sorry, he said sorry four times. I said to him, with a truth that seemed to pierce us both

“There is nothing to apologise for when you are already divinely forgiven”

He told me that I would make it into heaven because I laugh generously to set people at ease. He told me heaven was for laughing. I know now the truth can only be felt not thought. 

And so my brother, he took five days,

One to rise, one to rot, one to preach, one to kiss his children and his lover and one to meet me back at the hill.

He never spoke again.

To give a horse his voice is to give a snake his legs back,

Who am I to undo God's punishment?














pastel on canvas works, ink transfer on canvas, aluminum cast frame, bronze cast horse, doily...

LILI WARD




Comments