Man loves Company - LGW



0n being lonely;

Photos and their captions collected from @Gretawatson on Flickr, accompanying poetry by Lili Ward


Who is the girl in the mirror there..........!!!



I am to mention ten thing about me that you did not know.......there is little you do not know, so I'll try again.......

1. I am totally crazy about the color PINK.

2. I was a hairdresser for 25 years.

3. I have three grandsons whom I adore.

4. I am married to a Scotsman.....pure joy!!

5. I have only been abroad once in my life and that was to visit Scotland and England.

6 .I live 2 streets away from the sea.

7. I lost both my parents when they were both young (57 &63)

8. I have two sisters and two brothers.

9. I love to bake and cook, and have a lot of willing people to help me eat what I produce!!

10. I love life.............if you have a problem with that.........build a bridge and get over it!!! (and that is my sence of humour!!!!)


On being lonely;

A sickle fastened to the wall with two nails, above a bed head. Handsome concrete,

tripping on handsome concrete, my legs braided together,

Its a Wednesday and I can see pink stalks growing on the walk, I can see pink stalks that look like the ones that grow out of potatoes when you leave them in the back of a cupboard for too long. Things that are off are not meant to look like that, when you leave something in the dark cabinet for too long its not supposed to be pink, you're not supposed to get a blushing prize for neglecting a perfect vegetable.

I count 33 pavement blocks and the 34th i can see the pink stalks and when i see the stalks and think about off vegetables and look at the hundreds of metres of handsome concrete in front of me, i can imagine thousands of potatoes growing, protected under the concrete, a secret farm.

These are all stories about counting, I'm learning how to count by writing these stories: A young women takes of her clothes to reveal that she is made of latex, a woman is undressing for me and she is made of black latex, under denim and cotton. I watch her fill a copper pot with cold water and wash her latex skin, she scrubs her ten latex toes and uses twelve products on her one latex face. After her bath is done she reaches behind herself to present me with a bronze bird, a miniature, it looks as though she made it herself, she explains to me how she likes to bathe it after she finishes cleaning herself, she continues, she says she shines the bird and scrubs under his bronze wings and uses twelve products on his one bronze beak. She tells me when she lies in the water she likes one half of her face to be submerged, she likes to see her hair loose in the water, unattached, unsinkable, unsubstantial. I told her how I liked that too, how I really liked to be in the water, we both like that, haha, we both like to be in the water, Anyway you were saying about the bird and the hair and the water. I soon had no desire to speak like this anymore, Her. Then Me. Then her again. Then me. It seemed dishonest to the conversation we were having, I wanted to siphon my notions into a bowl and she could pour hers and they could sort it out for themselves, She made noise seem so rudimentary. So I started to spit up, uncontrollable ejection, globs gracelessly dropping into the bowl welding to hers, I watched them spar at first, the hits of contact became longer and separation was few and far between. we smiled as our spit gleaned and massed. sparkling mucus coating my best porcelain.

Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them?

This gorgeous birdcage was given to me on my birthday. I love it so much and put it where I can see it everyday!!

I hope everybody is doing well..and still singing like a bird...♥




on being lonely;

Making a scene, wanting to make a scene like the bull, wanting to be the bull.

Instead making the scene, painting the scene, painting the scene of the bull, not being the scene or the bull or the painting.


Hope I am not forgotten yet....

Even if I am only a figment of your imagination....lol

Have an awesome Sunday.♥



Man loves company even if it is only that of a small burning candle


Do not burn your candle on both ends in this coming week...


Have a wonderful Sunday and start to a new week♥







By  Lili Ward and Greta Watson



Comments