I took a stone fruit from a party ~ LGW

 

 A Plum..

                     Naturally dyed multi-textile piece made and shot in Tassie by me 



I took a stone fruit from a party and played a made up card game.

Today I read that everything I touch will be a fossil someday and that made me want to touch everything, lay in a tub of absolutely everything.

        A rock,

           A book, 

                    A wooden chair.

I stole a stone fruit from a party to have as a snack, and now I don’t want to take it outside to have as a snack because what if someone recognises it as the particular stone fruit that went missing last night from the party just before I played the card game.

And now its stem is looking right at me

And now one of two things will happen;

1.       I will put it in a wooden bowl and watch it slowly rot (And guilt will fester)

OR

2.       I will eat it in a dark corner in 3 flat seconds then spit out the stone like a fast missile (And guilt will sit)



Ladies Luncheon


Tomorrow I'll set a place for my heart (blood pumping organ in an animate being) at the table.

I'll bring my heart (blood pumping organ in an animate being) to sit down for a meal, a nice meal tomorrow,

I wont say anything as she grows calescent and as her convulsions crack crockery and clatter silverware,

as her cardinal colour invades the placemat, I wont complain when I'm cleaning plasma from plates.

Nothing peculiar about chowing down with an old organ, 

not a peep as I watch the white load spin and dance as the suds turn a bright bright red.

But tonight do we mind if I dine alone?

Tonight I'd like to eat alone one last time, and say its not for one last time,

after I wash up ill darn the placemats and set for two, and turn off all the lights and dream of her expression when I tardily feed her, 

her drivelling excitement of being acknowledged, and she will grow large and sudoric all over my white linens,

and every dinner from then on will be a circus, full and jovial and bright bright red, but never again will it be quiet or clean or plain white or organ-less, 

simple, for when she wasn't there at all, and I played music to pretend I didn't hear her pounding, rattling, slobbering, dripping.

I didn't have to feed her, or call her hungry, or call her anything at all.

I ate clear soup, I ate the first soup ever made, I never worried and I always ate alone.

where whites were always white,

and red was always hidden.



This has been a post by Lili Grace Ward.

Comments