Tomarctus: "Father of dogs"- LGW

 

i think i was cursed today by a dog?






I think I was cursed today, or warned.
warned three times

The first warning was in a ginger cat laid down across the road

 thought it was sleeping until we were lingering over it.
 eyes glazed green.
we put a white flower in between its paws.

WHAT AM I NOT HEARING?

I heard the warning a second time,
calling from a crack in the bluestone bridge was a tiny ceramic dog.
a Tomarctus, the father of dogs.

A cat laid to rest, a plaque for a dog.

I heard the warning a third time.
this time it sang to me
a choir to the beat of clanging metal
its chorus warned me with a ring.
an iron ring suspended in cobwebs hanging from a telephone pole.
I pulled it from the tight fisted web, put it in my bag, stopped it from chanting.

YOU ARE HEARD, YOU ARE UNDERSTOOD.

you are ginger, you are polished ceramic and you are rusted iron.
i hope you hold the white flower while you lie
i hope he was a good dog father
im sorry i broke your web

YOU ARE HEARD AND UNDERSTOOD, IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN.

tomarctus
tomarctus existed for approximately 6.83 million years and shared a period and ecology with giant mustelid genera and the genus of bone-crushing canidae, cynarctoides.
as bear dogs and giant mustelids became extinct, Tomarctus further radiated to fill a line of dogs of the hyena-like fruit-eating and bone-crushing niches.
fossils found in plum point.


lili grace ward x





Comments