My image garden full of garden images.. Lili Grace Ward

 

COLLECTED WRITINGS AND DRAWINGS:





#1  

A little girl.


Teeth bared grinning, 

pink gums and even pinker expectations,

I was pale pink all over with simple anticipation.

A gullible piglet. 


I had an unsuspecting bite from burgeoning molars,

baby teeth gave way to what would soon be an inimitable chomp.

An unmatched gleam.

Comprised of curls and buttons, made up of the only three people I loved, 

dizzy with braided naivety.

I had no idea I would hold up people and words and pictures and movements, that I would grow up and grow in and out.


My big teeth, 

now they are bared, grinning.

I am bright red with anticipation

.....

Bite down.










#2

ZZZ


Honestly, I'm advertising dishonestly.

Tucked in with a nipped hem, 

what is putting pins in uncut frizz and untied knots?


Truly, I'm pushing untruthfully.

Fortunately though.. I do whisper unfortunes.

Pulling trims of scallop that breathe lengthy anecdotes of ruled margins and lateral planning.


A beast of burden takes out his veneers in the mirror, and sensitively picks at his molars.

He is partaking in subpar self deprecation.

When the loathing is lazy and semantics of nagging thoughts are...

                                          Half finished or infantile;

He says

                                "I hate the side of that...

or the thing you just said when....

ZZZ"




Lili Ward

Comments