All my wishes; laid out in drawings and poems. Lili Grace Ward

 All my wishes are now laid out in words and pencil.




Feeling a little ornamental.

Every piece of furniture in my room is not just sitting on the surface but floating a centimetre above the carpet, unattracted to the walls
cabinets and drawers that repulse and are repulsed, that spit and sputter at one another
 opposite ends of a magnet

me too sometimes;
          the undersides of my skin spurn my insides
so much so that they sit suspended within me floating from disdain
a closeness that comes from wanting to be far apart
how hatred could make someone hover.

like those toys that you blow into and a ball jiggles above your breath,
except I cannot decide whether I'm:

                                          the ball
or the air
                                              or the angry blower.

and then who makes up all the other parts, or perhaps I'm all the parts at once,
such a non-cohesive girl!
A girl whose entire reserves of energy are determined to separate herself
I'm dividing from the inside out, while gusts from every direction hold me together
I am in tiny cubed pieces gathered together.
no sudden movements!!







My Two Wishes

Firstly, I wish to be light-footed, not haunted by the non consensual announcement of my flat footed stomp.

        I precede it, it precedes me for gods sake

but every so now and again.. I cannot be heard in creaky hallways,

I live out my sneaky invisible dreams, they involve dramatic nightgowns and lacey hats and obviously slow motion ribbons.

secondly, I wish to be flatfooted and stompy, to be sturdy and announce myself, to reject being light-footed and apologetic.

       to have it precede me, to precede it myself for gods sake

but every so now and again..

I live in a loud and practical trample fantasy,

involving gumboots.





From Lili Grace Ward x


Comments