Grubby words and pictures that soil themselves ; LgW

A poem based on watching min install the worm farm and maggie remove the yukkah's leaves. 

Drawings are done in charcoal and grey lead.





with each fingernail newly pink touching clean insects,

with each fingernail newly glittered, childish hands in administration.

my sticker is underrepresented.

piggy tails hall fridges through doorways and reuse plastic jars,

odd socks, undarned holes hold what walks to pay for smelly cheese and whole seed mustard.

i aspire to keep dried fruit and nuts in perfectly portioned bags and to mature my palette and force young buds to like dried apricots.

to wade through ticked boxes, making no stops, a gliding thneedy striped jumper that asks for no mercy and gives none to no one!

where sappy grubs writhe and shimmy, impressed with their new tunic of filth,

they've stolen my dirt, its a treasured surprise in a brick backyard.

she itches to uproot the yukkah's,

while she plans for boxes, on boxes, on crates, on big and tiny plates of plants and vegetables

shaving and flaying years off tables and walls,

the fiction of the windowpane, the giggle in the silicone filler.

if I squint or am feeling romantic or particularly generous, the badly cut edges of my blinds could suit the term scalloped hem.

in fact, if I scratch the squint and close my eyes entirely, I live in royal quarters.







p.s. 

     these are my royal quarters no one dares to peel them back

     I live here with the grub in the dirt tunic and, the strong piggy tails.

FROM 

Lili Ward xx



Comments